Tuesday, April 7, 2015

March Madness is dead! Long live baseball!

In sports news this morning, the great kingdom of Duke defeated the valiant but lesser kingdom of Wisconsin to win control of the Iron Throne, thus ending a month-long spree of terror and uncontrolled madness throughout the seven kingdoms of Westeros, I have no idea what I'm saying, I hate college basketball. But hey, here's a dangerous army of thugs looting and setting cars on fire because their selected group of unpaid teenage slaves did not make enough baskets. White people always be fightin' that good fight.

Moving on to things that actually matter - it's finally Spring! (I think? Or so I'm told? The heat's still on and it snowed last week, also I don't go into an office so I have no use for official records of time, it could still be January of 1998 for all I know or care.) Anyway, Spring means Baseball season (Is it actually Spring? Seriously, is it?) and baseball season means the smell of grass and dirt over homeplate, the sound of the bat knocking one outta the park, the taste of shitty Citi-Field hot dogs (Mmmm, reconstituted hydrogenated pig innards, MMMmmmmm....)The good news is that tickets are on-sale NOW. The bad news is The Mets have already been mathematically eliminated.

Better luck next year?

(I believe that is actually painted above the entrance to Citi Field.)

Anyway. Here's something to get all us all jump-started today because it's exhausting being a Mets fan; we'll need to save all our strength for screaming obscenities at the field and setting shit on fire in effigy. It's gonna be a great season, I can feel it already! So please enjoy today's morning eye-candy -- an actual filmed Subway Party, courtesy of AMK Productions. FYI: my commutes were always like this, except replace the dance party with inarticulate screaming and replace the strobe lights with a homeless person jerking off into a coffee cup. Springtime in NY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ_3IWGocP8#t=52


No comments:

Post a Comment