Friday, November 14, 2014

The fly is dead. Funeral set for Monday morning.

Finally, after approximately one hundred billion months of relentless Febreezing and accidentally smacking the dog across the face with a rolled up Oriental Trading catalog, I can say with at least 93% certainty that Michael Myers the fly is dead.

(But is Michael Myers ever really dead?)

Yes, he is dead.

(But is he?)

A mock-funeral, in which my husband and I will mock the fly as he is laid to rest in our garbage can, is set for Monday.

(Yes, but where is the fly's body?)

I just have to locate the body and remove it.

(Michael Myers cannot be killed. Michael Myers is unkillable.)

Look, I killed him, I swear to you I killed him. He is dead, I killed him. Just ask my husband, who was there. (Asleep, but there.) I knocked over everything on my night-table and accidentally punched my husband in the nipple (so I can confirm he was at least partially awake) and then I swear I saw the fly plummet to his death. I saw him fall and not get back up. The fly is dead, THE FLY IS DEAD! I DID IT! I KILLED HIM!

(But did you?)

Yes? I think so? I AM DEFINITELY ALMOST POSITIVE.

(Michael Myers The Fly lives! He lives!)

Okay, so he's probably alive.

DAMN IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment